Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ezria / Mille Sessau

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezria

Ezria / Mille Sessau  Empty
PostSubject: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 6:58 am

All work seemed to grind to a halt with the arrival of the strange human. The only humans that the Avian's had come into contact with were what was left of the human tribes that inhabited the mountains, and they were bandits. However, this man clearly wasn't a bandit..or if he was he was the most strangely dressed and heavily armed bandit that the group of Ezrian's had ever seen. Massive picks were raised for defense, the Ezrian's had a right to be paranoid. It had seemed like as of late the entire world was at war with the nation. But this human seemed friendly enough. The Ezrian's stared dumbstruck until one of their number emerged from a small building near the quarry site. His robes and the Royal Crest emblazoned on his chest marked him as some sort of government official.

'' Back to work. '' The shrill cry of an overseer swept through the quarry as Arslan smoothed his feathers and dusted some of the rock dust from his robes before his long strides carried him towards the human. '' I am Arslan and you clearly aren't a bandit. '' The Avian remarked as he examined the soldier. Talon's extended to run along the Chevalier's chainmail as he methodically examined it. '' This is not of Ezrian make. Neither is your sword.'' He said before his hand dropped down to his side. '' Where do you hail from? ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:49 am

Captain du Que was slow to react, as he was unsure how the winged birdman inspecting his armor would change his demeanor if he pulled back, after the birdman was finished, du Que began speaking. " We hail from the Empire of Mille Sessau, south of these mountains. We are a scouting team attempting to locate other kingdoms, other peoples. "

The two spoke for some time, in which case du Que realized that these people obviously thought they were better than everyone else. Captain du Que made a note of that and after a prolonged conversation: " May we attend one of your cities or villages? I have requests from my Empress regarding negotiations with other kingdoms. I would like to speak with your leader. "
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 11:51 am

'' Yes, clearly not a bandit. Ezrian weapons and armor much better though you clearly have the forges needed to make adequate weapons..if not perfect ones and this breed of human speaks in much more than grunts. '' The Avian clapped it's talons together, a shrill laugh leaving it's beak. '' Hmmm, what I marvel this will make for at Coronne I wonder. You are not from one of the tribes then? Empress? '' The Avian cocked it's head. '' Ah, your Chieftain. Yes, yes..I suppose the King...'' The Avian paused to make the sign of the double headed headed eagle when referencing Ezria's divine ruler. '' shall have to be made aware. Come, we shall send a message to the Kashig and they will bring you to His Majesty. ''

It would not take long for a message to reach the local garrison. Twenty of the massive Gryphon riders barreled down the road, with something strange in their midst. A carriage, something that was only used for Ezrian nobility and the countries occasional wingless guest. Arslan turned to regard the Sessauan. '' You three have been granted the privilege of an audience. Come. '' Arslan awkwardly made his way into the carriage, it was his first time riding in one and already he felt claustrophobic.

Roads were always the first sign of civilization and the Ezrian Royal Highway system was more than likely the best in the world. It could turn a journey into what would normally take a day, into mere hours. Soon the looming spires of the capital Coronne came into view after two hours of prattle from their self appointed caretaker Arslan. The streets were choked and still full of revelers, celebrating the victory over the Dwarves at Agrina. It seemed every building was decked out in decorations to commemorate the event, despite the fact that the war was nowhere near over. Eventually the group would make it towards the sprawling Palace that sat at the city center where the Sessuans were conveyed inside. Each Chevalier despite whatever protest he may mount was firmly but politely ordered to hand over their swords. No one went into the presence of the King armed.

The throne room was packed with courtiers, all whom stared at the human's as they entered with suspicion.. '' and bow.. '' Arslan murmured as they came to the foot of the throne, the bird immediately taking a deep bow, until his beak nearly touched the crimson carpet. The creature sitting on the throne was a strong physical specimen, those black and gold feathers a sign of King Casimir's royal pedigree. Those hard eyes like two chips of ice as he stared at the three. A golden crown studded with rubies adorned that fine head. He looked every inch of how an Avian fancied himself, superior to all others. The Master Race. Yet, their were fatigue in those eyes. Decades of rule and the cost of war were beginning to take it's toll.

'' Humans, I would not thought to have found any of your folk left in large numbers. Yet, this message tells me that a Kingdom lies to the South of my very mountains. '' That deep voice rumbled. '' I am King Casimir. On behalf of the Ezrian People, I welcome you. What are your names?'' The King inquired of each Chevalier.. '' and the name of your Empress? A message was sent that you have requests from your ruler? I am inclined to hear them. ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:37 pm

Captain du Que ordered his two men to obey, and they hesitantly entered the carriage as ordered and sat in silence as it took them toward the Ezrian capital. Although no mention of it was made, the cobbled roads that encompassed the Ezrian landscape greatly impressed Captain du Que. Fields and entire boulders had been moved to make way for the roads that allowed the carriage to make extreme headway toward their destination. du Que made a mental note to reiterate this to the Empress when he returned, if he returned.

When they finally reached Coronne, du Que again was equally impressed with the height of the Avian skyscape. They were led toward the palace, and when demanded to remove their weapons, they did so by unbuckling the belt that held their sheathed broadswords and handed them over to the Royal Guard. They followed Arslan into the throne room and bowed as Arslan implied, though their's was nowhere near as deep.

" I am Captain Mathieu du Que, and these are my men Nicholas and Robért. We serve the Empress Alexandria de Salle of the Empire of Mille Sessau. In the matter of meeting other civilized peoples, I have this. "

Captain du Que reached into his armored breastplate and pulled forth a sealed envelope. He handed it to an Ezrian guard who would most likely give it to King Casmir. The letter was addressed to no one in particular, but laid out the particularities of diplomacy ; such as the possibility of trade, a neutrality agreement, creation of foreign embassies, and the exchange of map information.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 12:58 pm

The human's were inferior as were the Dwarves and the Elves. Yet, like with the Elve's King Casimir wasn't about to allow his personal feelings and those of his court to interfere in his continual search for knowledge on the outside world and trade links to fuel Ezria's expansion. The letter was scanned as it was handed over to the King, talons running down the fine parchment. Neutrality. He liked the word, it meant that the human's near his border would keep their noses out of his business and this damned war. A long pause followed as Casimir handed the letter back over to his retainer.

'' I agree to many of the points in this document. Embassies will be exchanged, as will cartographical information. '' That brought a low murmur from the courtiers. '' However, only the city of Coronne and the port city of Shurmanda will be open for trade for the time being. Matrija is a holy place, foreigners must not be allowed to pollute it.and Agrina...is a battleground between the barbarians and the Royal Army. Before we open trade links, I want to discuss this neutrality agreement. Our nations will agree to stay out of one another's internal affairs, including the current conflict Ezria and the Dwarven folk are locked in. The last thing we need is more foreigners involved in our business, it will only muddy the waters of a complicated and dangerous affair. I would also be interested in adding a non aggression clause. We Avian's have had a troubled past with humans, your folk tried to exterminate us centuries ago. Yet, you are not from the same tribe..despite the fact that you share their blood. I want no future quarrels. '' For the time being at least until he had the damned Dwarven problem under control. '' Ezria can offer stone and rubies for export in addition to a large scale port to allow ease of transport. What does your Empire have in the way in the way of goods? ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 1:08 pm

" We know not of your troubles, O Great King, nor do we wish them upon us. We have great furs that will warm your men and soldiers in the winter months, as well as the finest wheat of the plains. My signature holds the authority of the Empress, and on behalf of the Great Empress de Salle, we will agree to your non-aggression pact in exchange for ten seasons of stone and a small tonnage of rubies as well as our trade of furs! "

[Captain Mathieu du Que requests the following:

Non-Aggression Pact:
-- Will last ten seasons (ten or so ModMarks).

Embassies
-- Ezria will be allowed to build an embassy in the capital of Jaudeaux.
-- Sessau will be allowed to build an embassy in Shurmanda.

Trade:
-- Empire of Mille Sessau will trade (Moderate) Furs to the Kingdom of Ezria.
-- Kingdom of Ezria will trade (Moderate) Stone and (Minor) Gems to the Empire of Mille Sessau.]

" Do you accept these terms, O Great King? "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 2:14 pm

'' On behalf of the Ezrian people, I accept your offer. '' Casimir said with a sage nod of his head. The announcement brought a smattering of applause form the Royal Court. After all, many of the noble houses standing in this room stood to benefit from continued trade. '' Scribe. '' The appropriate details were fixed onto parchment. King Casimir dipped his Royal Seal in wax before affixing it to the treaty, followed by his signature. The scribe indicated where Captain Que should sign on the Empresses behalf. '' May both our nations prosper from this agreement. '' The King intoned, standing to carry out the strange custom of 'hand shaking' that Casimir had learned of from reading a book on human customs. Though this was more the King's talon's locking around du Que's forearm and squeezing only slightly to complete the bizarre act.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Capital of Coronne

A few days after the Hrothar Incident.

The Empress, though not shrewd in her diplomacy, had decided to appeal to the Ezrians for assistance against the Shidrans. She had dispatched Capitaine du Que, who had dealt with the Ezrians before and had personally met the King before to negotiate with him. He came with a small guard as before, and just as before they handed over their weapons before being admitted to the King.

" O Great King, a genuine pleasure to be within the beautiful spires of Coronne once again. I come on behalf of the Empress, who seeks aid. " He made sure to bow low before removing the parchment from his fur jacket. " We would not ask you to intervene, as our enemy is weak and fragile, but rather we wish to employ the aid of your fleets if you have them. It seems our enemy, the Guild Union of Shidrus stole an island colony from us and we would want no others at our side in battle save for the mighty Ezrians! "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:05 pm

King Casimir was already befuddled by enough problems with the Dwarve's at the very gates of Agrina. A second war...would be most unwelcome of this he was sure. '' Surely you know of the trouble's that has infest my lands. The Dwarve's assail my cities again and again, determined to loot, burn, and pillage.. I have but a small fleet of ships. Tell me Captain, what does the Empire offer as incentive to join you in this conflict? I have no quarrel with this Guild.. '' He said leaning back on his throne, indeed Ezria had yet to even make contact with these halflings. Casimir's words were ambiguous but the undertone was obvious. What was Sessua offering in exchange for Ezrian help?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:09 pm

" We understand your burdens, however, my Empress has given me the bargaining of 7,000,000 Ses to haggle your participation. We request the assistance of either some of your own soldiers, or your ships. If not, we would gladly purchase the ships from you and man them ourselves. "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:13 pm

'' We will man our own ships, my troops will fight under my colors, in addition to the monies..I request that your Empress prepare to aid me against my struggle against the Dwarve's. No doubt you realize the strain that a new military adventure will put my people under, I will require..securities to keep the Dwarves at bay. If required, will the Empire come to Ezria's aid against the underfolk? I do not ask this of you now..The situatian is under control my General's tell me but in war nothing is certain. What say you? ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:16 pm

" I will have to inquire such upon my Empress. However, we will have the selected amount brought to Coronne under horse and carriage, and your admiral will need this. " He pulled a parchment from his jacket and handed it to a guard who would give it to King Casimir. It was a map of Mille Sessau and showed the location of Chouannerie la Que, the port and home of the Grand Flotte.

" Your vessels will need to report here as soon as they are able, once there we can continue negotiations about the Empire aiding you against the underfolk, oui? "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:19 pm

'' Agreed. The Fleet shall depart at once. '' Casimir said with a nod of his head before a massive thunderclap filled the throne room, the sound of the King's hands coming together. '' Guards, collect the coin from our gracious Ambasador..and send a message to Shurmanda that the fleet is to prepare to rendevous. '' The map was handed off to a scribe whom would ensure that the appropriate orders would be passed along.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 7:57 am

Once the Ezrian Fleet reached Sessauan waters, Captain de Que informed the Ezrian Captain (he had sailed soutth with them on their ships) to dock their vessel at the port and would thus be taken to Prince Philip de la Salle, the current son of the Empress and heir to the throne. Philip would negotiate with the Avians, as seeing the Empress' in times of duress and war was strictly off limits.

The Ezrian captain was allowed to keep his weapons, he was taken to an eloquent, high rise stone building where Philip de la Salle lounged at the end of a long table with a huge feast. Not for the Ezrians, but they would be allowed nonetheless. " Ah, Capitaine de Que! Welcome back! These are our friends, non? Please, have a seat! I'm sure you have many questions! "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:06 am

The Ezrian entourage consisted Admiral Caranir and the recently arrived ambassador to the Royal Sessuan Court Ambassador and several senior Ezrian Naval Officers. The great bulk of whom were Elve's. Casimir had long valued experience and professionalism over race, yet each Ezrian ship had Avian political officers to ensure discipline amongst the crew. The Ezrian's each took a seat, Ambassador Altan clearing his throat.

'' While this greeting is very welcome Prince, I'd much rather press onto business..if you do not mind? '' Altan inquired, not even glancing at the feast before them. '' I've explained our position to Captain de Que several times. The Ezrian people can only move in the direction of war if we have allies on our other fronts. The Kingdom cannot afford to stretch itself too thinly fighting for a cause that isn't even it's own..without securities. What does the Empress have to say on this matter? ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:20 am

" We understand. However, we do not know what a "dwarf" is or what they look like! We have asked you for a limited war. The halflings will not invade your lands, they know not where you are. We wonder if you ask the same of us? We will aid the Ezrian people, as they have been nothing but friends to us, but we cannot march to full blown war while we are in a war of our own. "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:28 am

'' And we've never seen a Halfling, but you don't see the Ezria backing away from helping it's friends. '' The diplomat countered. '' It's only a matter of time until the Halfling's find us. We share the same coastline, and with our Navy deployed to help Mille with its attacks we will be leaving our coast undefended. The Halfling's will be able to raid and pillage at leisure and the Dwarve's will be able to exploit that. Troops will have to be deployed away from the front to ward off possible attacks. I'm not asking for the full might of the Sessaun military...but if it needed we will require a Sessaun expeditionary force of at least several thousand men to plug any gap in our lines and ensure the country can withstand repeated blows from our enemies. ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:30 am

" We can promise the assistance of the Chevaliers, Sessauan Knights. I, Philip de Salle, are their Capitaine. We number 1,200 in strength. The rest of the Sessauan army stands in the defense of her colonies. I can pledge the Chevaliers' assistance however, but that is it. "

Last edited by Mille Sessau on Wed Mar 30, 2011 8:49 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:46 am

The Ezrian ambassador was caught between a rock and a hard place. On one hand, this was a new and unknown enemy. The Ezrian's had no idea how strong they were. While Sessau was not only Ezria's main trading partner but a decisive force that could turn the land war against the Ezrian's if she chose to intervene on behalf of the Dwarves. Thus, kicking and screaming the Ezrian's were going to be dragged into this war..with a healthy helping of gold.

'' Mille will also agree not to forge any trade agreements with the Dwarven peoples if they approach you...in addition, if Ezria's commitments to this war are forced to escalate and Mille requires more troops the terms of this agreement will be re-visited. ''
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeWed Mar 30, 2011 8:51 am

" We agree to this, we will not dather in the politics of the Dwarves. Now go Capitaine, the campaign to retake the lands of Mille Sessau began now! "
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 9:49 pm

The Prince of Mille Sessau, heir to the throne and Captain of the Chevaliers was the one who had to bring ill news upon the Empire of Ezria. He reached Coronne after seemingly much digression and aversion due to the ongoing war. He climbed the palace steps and relieved his weapon to the guards before admitting himself into the chamber.

" O Great King, I hope all is well for you! I bring news from my Empress! Ill news, unfortunately! " He bowed low, as was expected. " I regret to inform you that we must end our trade deal of furs and gems. Mille Sessau is going through troubling times and we humbly apologize. We have dispatched a ship south to inform your own ships we no longer require their services. We have been victorious in the retaking of our island and are negotiating peace with the halflings as we speak. "

He continued.

" As we promised, we will remain neutral in your tenure with the Dwarves! "
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 2:57 am

'' We shall contine to trade stone for fur then, no? And the troops I will require if a major shift at the front occurs from Mille against the Dwarven folk? I trust that they will still be avalible as our agreement.'' Emperor Casimir feared that he already knew the answer. That face was hard and immovable as he leaned forward on that throne.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:45 am

" We must cancel all Trade Agreements and we can no longer promise anything, although the Empress has expressed her intentions for continued good relations. If such an incident were to occur, send word and you can surely meet with my Empress. "

Prince Philip bowed low and promptly left.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 7:52 am

If these had been different times, the Prince would have been drawn and quartered like the Dwarf so long ago for displaying such arrogance. The Emperor was quiet for a long time. Ezria had been betrayed not only economically but now she was in a war because of the Sessuans and they had left her out to dry. He turned to his chief intelligence agent, Lord Visaren.

'' Find me a representative of these Halfling's. We must make peace and ensure are ships are withdrawn promptly, these Sessuans can burn if the Halflings attack Hrothar.. ''
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ezria / Mille Sessau    Ezria / Mille Sessau  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ezria / Mille Sessau
Page 1 of 1