Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:14 am

Well it's either going to Economic Industry or Plantation Ecomomy, I'm not sure which. I'm still trying to hammer out the details.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:22 pm

So I have a question when it comes to Professional Army and don't really want to read through the pages to see if someone has already asked.

Under Professional Army for every two land based units you have to pay one economic point. Is this in reference to the soldiers or does it include catapult and crew, battering rams and crew, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:25 pm

Actually for Professional Army that needs to change because of Military Maintenance, but I'm really close to just uploading the new Social system right now because the Trait system is getting on my nerves.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:27 pm

Alrighty. Well I will wait. Been fighting with the trait system as always. Never easy with you trait systems Theo to make my military states. -wink-
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Just came up with something. If you wish to continue to do your system it's fine.

I though of a sub-trait system. Each trait you choose has several (let's say 3) sub-traits to choose from. Each sub-trait costs CP and you can only have a maximum of 5 sub-traits. Each sub-trait would cost like, 10 CP for the first, 15 CP for the second and so on (you can change the number, it's just an example). You can replace a trait for the same amount of CP you bought it with. (Cheaper to replace the first trait you choose than the 5th, choose wisely).

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:29 pm

Hey. Did you want to Co-Mod with me?

I know your competence. Very Happy

if not, no worries.

I need help with muh system heeere.

EDIT: I like that idea .. think it was Bynaar or Zhufor. K what about this.

Tradition - Tradition is a trait for minor economic growth as well as keeping order within the borders. Most of the traits derived here deal with internal issues, rather than dealing with external issues. Starting with the Tradition tree gives Foodstuffs + 3 Economic Points a week instead of one.
Tenant Farming - +1 Economic Point per 5,000 citizens a week.

Bazaars - + 3 Economic Points per city a week.

Feudalism - All military units cost 50% less. Only half of MP can be spent at any one time. During wartime, the other half is automatically spent.

Defenders of the Kingdom - All units fighting within the kingdom's borders get exclusive combat bonuses.

Empire First - Once unlocked a free construct is given. All Construct prices are decreased by 3.

You start with ONLY Tradition.

Than for 10 Cultural Points you can buy ANY of the below traits. The next one to buy would be 20 Cultural Points.

Yeah?

Last edited by The World on Fri Feb 25, 2011 10:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:30 pm

Sign on and we'll talk.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:38 pm

I like that idea World. Seems like it would pan out to be rather interesting. However, It would keep non culturally advancing nations from ever getting better (ie Myself.)

EDIT:
Although, It probably wont matter cause its all my traits that cause me to have lower Culture, and those would be gone. Nevermind. :3
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:40 pm

That could work. You can buy more than Tradition right?

My idea was to continue to use the old traits, but have small sub-traits that make it more unique.

My original idea.
Spoiler:

This system may not be to your liking, if you want I can come up with something similar for your new system.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:45 pm

You can start with any two you want.

Like Shidrus would probably have .. Commerce and Sovereignty (or Rights).
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:48 pm

The one thing I have a problem with concerning your new system is that there are traits in several different categories I would like. There are currently three categories I favor and 2 traits in two other categories. Maybe allow you to buy traits from other categories at an increased cost, but no benefit from that category?

Let's say I have Tradition and Glory
I can purchase those traits fine.

I want trait X in Category Y. I can buy it for.....let's say 25 CP. I get the benefit of the trait, but no category bonus.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:51 pm

That's the risk you take.

You can't have everything you want, you have to compromise. That's what a kingdom does.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:55 pm

Being limited to only 2 categories won't really describe my kingdom to the fullest though. I'm fine with being limited to 2 categories bonus wise, but maybe getting like one or two traits outside of the normal categories you have at a cost. I'm trying to think of downfalls for grabbing traits from other categories. Like you need to pay a certain number of CP per week to keep that trait or something.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 10:59 pm

Personally I would rather see the trait system stay the same and use things like development to improve a nation. If you made traits act more like multipliers for things that you spend points on, it could actually work out pretty well.

While we're considering forum improvements: it seems I'll be going with your colonial suggestion for CoC after all. More specifically magitech colonial. My roommate and I had a most excellent idea for a tech system which I cannot wait to put into effect.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:06 pm

What exactly are you talking about? I do like tech. ((Dwarves with guns!))
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:07 pm

There are no cons.

If you can buy any trait you want, what traits you pick become irrelevant since you can theoretically get any of them anyway.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:10 pm

Talis, would developments ; addendums on the current trait system seem more appealing, like Bynaar said?

Slavery - blahblahblah.
Slavery 1 - easd asd
Slavery 2 - ewaasd as
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:11 pm

There are cons. You have to pay CP per week to keep them (one of my ideas) if you cannot keep with upkeep (ex: like 10 CP per trait per week) then it disappears. The trait is foreign to your kingdom's specializations and it requires culture to keep it.

I'd rather keep the system too. I'm trying to come up with stuff to either make the current trait system more customizable (which is apparently confusing even though it's pretty simple in my head lol) or to make the new system more like the old one. I'd rather keep the trait system as it is though.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:12 pm

Another RP I'm working on. I had planned on it being an ancient city-state style one, but the idea for tech advancement was too good to pass up. There will be some other innovations too. I'm looking forward to it.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:15 pm

Like the current system personally. Other ones way too restrictive I think.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:17 pm

Jaymes wrote:
Like the current system personally. Other ones way too restrictive I think.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:31 pm

K. no changes than.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 11:34 pm

Err kay. Was interested how it would pan out, but the old way is fine too.
Back to top Go down
Bynaar

Bynaar

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:00 am

Sorry if I was a little annoying. You wanted the new system. I tried to get something similar to the current system. You didn't want it so I thought up ideas for the new one.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 5:00 pm

I have a minor problem with the 'elite' trait upgrade. This is the same problem we had in the original WF's where elite units basically make people with normal armies irrelevant and can inflict insane kill ratios on the opposing side. I was thinking that units that gain battle experience can sort of 'upgrade' to elite status? After all, it's not just better equipment that makes soldiers elite but combat experience. OR maybe put a cap on the number of elite troops to balance things out / pay additional upkeep in terms of MP per elite unit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 3 of 15Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9 ... 15  Next