Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Mille Sessau
Admin

General Discussion - Page 14 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:37 pm

Yeah, I apologize man.

I don't think Shidrus can mobilize however until a ModMark or so into the war, as I don't think they can deduce war from Adelais' actions alone. However, I (the Empress) was going to take that island after I claimed New Mille, so as soon as you posted that second D2D I knew it was going to be war.

I believe Caexi and I said:

From Sessau to Hrothar = 3 ModMark
From Shidrus to Hrothar = 5 ModMarks
From Hrothar to New Mille = 1 ModMark
From Hrothar to Lashid = 2 ModMark.

Last edited by Mille Sessau on Mon Mar 28, 2011 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:41 pm

Shidrus wouldn't suspect war from his actions alone, but they still consider Sessau an unknown quantity. They wouldn't just sit back and wait for Mille to act. Even if they don't suspect anything it's better to be safe than sorry.

Also, the masters at Lashid Colony have authority to act as they see fit in the region, so even if Shidrus didn't they would take precautions on their own.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 8:43 pm

I'm doing a history report so I'll have the ModMark up either tonight or tomorrow man.

Do me a favor though and PM me the info you have for troops on Hrothar and Lashid. Just so I know who is where for the battle set up. Or Talis, if you're fearing bias you can PM them to Caexi who will be Modding it.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:20 pm

Goddang, I am about to become the America of this Forum. I'm sticking my nose in everyone's business. xD
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:25 pm

I'm surprised Ezria, you made that agreement without much guarantee of assistance or knowledge about their enemy. The king must be really desperate for aid to accept that kind of deal.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:26 pm

I haven't agreed to jack yet. I sent the ships on ahead, further negotiations will take place once the fleet has arrived. What I don't want to see is the Dwarves getting Mille as an ally, that would give me an even bigger headache.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:31 pm

A legitimate point, in which case you just got a nice helping of cash for the mere possibility of an alliance. Considering Ezria knows nothing about the Union I'm curious how you'll negotiate things. As bad as Sessau joining the dwarves would be, pissing off a new and unknown power could be just as bad, or worse. At best you could alienate a possible ally. Seems like you'd either need a guarantee of victory, or really substantial help from Sessau to make the deal worth it.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:32 pm

Ezria just made himself 10 Economic Points regardless.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 9:36 pm

Well, right now all I know is that if I anger Mille the most likely course of action would've been some sort of deal with the Dwarves. My number one priority right now is for that not to happen. If I anger Shridus, i'm on equally poor footing but Shridus doesn't share either a land border with Ezria or it's enemies and it's land forces are puny. If I'm about to get overrun in Ezria, I'll need Sessuan help to stop a collapse. It's a simple matter of who's closer and whom can contribute more. But we'll see what happens. Regardless, I just made a nice chunk of change. ;D
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 10:10 pm

Jeeze, if I only had more wood resource. The amount of MP I have stockpiled is enough to curbstomp Sessau and then go on a forum-crunching rampage, but without the resources I can't really make use of it. If I'd invested in ships earlier I could have a way bigger navy right now.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 8:44 am

couldn't you colonize a wood resource node? i think you might have the resources to do that. or you can accumulate EP until you have a giant stockpile and hire a mercenary armada. although I wish you could build ships that don't require wood at the cost of them being uberlame in terms of military strength that would be funny to see, an armada of little lifeboats against a couple elite galleys.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:00 am

What if that caravan gets intercepted by those Humans or Elve rebels LOL now that'd be funny!

EDIT: Althought Ezria has a second food node resource from the Elves it's not enough alone to feed the people because before it was the elves and should they have traded even a minor amount their ppl would have begun to starve likewise with teh Avians and their food. Simply gaining a new node from a 'conquered' land doesn't ensure you have food to feed double the population. Elves nood was food for their ppl + growth while Avians was for their ppl + Growth. Lose one of those nodes the Kingdom of Ezria suffers either way yes?

Or is it assumed that because it's another food nodes the Ezria is correct beleiveing that his former Avian food node that before produced enough for Avians and growth now produces enough for both populations and growth likewise with the Elves old food node?
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:33 am

I just did colonize a wood resource, that's why I'm at war. Unfortunately it's somewhat exposed to counterattack, and I need to find another one if I want more ships.

Sessau is actually really lucky that wood resource is exposed. Given the amount of MP I have, I could theoretically rebuild my entire navy about three times over.
Back to top Go down
Rambo'neil

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:51 am

than if you need more ships, when in doubt ... hire mercs. idk, either that or you could find someone with wood and get wood from them.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 9:53 am

It's early in the planting season Jaymes. There's no way my people are gonna be close to starving and i'm just going off the modmarks. I have a significant surplus AND in game, i've taken steps to increase agriculture in Mabiya. Plus, Caexi said I HAD enough to trade. I never said I ever did trade. Therefore all my food resources are intact.

Edit: And technically while Agrina makes up a big chunk of my food supply, it doesn't make sense that Agrina is my one food basket where everything comes from. As you've pointed out, one area isn't large enough to feed that big of a population. Otherwise, Matrija and Coronne never would have developed as major population centers. Naturally they have their own crops, etc. I think Agrina being cut off would hurt but I think the portion lost would be made up for by Mabiya. Of course I need to hear from the mods on that.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:19 am

So I should have sessau and karag mod marks up in a day or so. Sorry I am slow, but I can't only type so much befor my wrist starts hurting.
Ill also get the war setup up as soon as possible.

On a side not going to try and make the same feel for Caexi with the new system. If I can't then ill just scrap the kingdom and help out with the mod marks
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:24 am

Yea it's early in the planting season but those troops that came in last battle didn't bring food with them and all the people from outlaying areas that fled to the city probably didn't grab just food, expecting the worst from the dwarves they probably grabbed a mixture. So the City has some 5-6 thousand troops to feed along with all those that recently came in from the outlaying areas for safety. City's big and has a large surplus of food but how long will food from the Elves take to get there Longer then those troops from your capitol which will add to the strain that the city already has because a great deal of food probably was left at ppls farms because they brought coin, some food, and heirloms with them.

Mod marks says food node is in Agrina so you lose it you lose you ability to keep a large portion, in my mind, to feed your people. although I don't doubt the other cities have food sources but not enough to support the whole population of Avians which mostly comes from Food Node. My food node is either Ever-Winter or Black lake city. Never specificed it but it's in warrens that both those and Never-winter are close by. Good RP point for why there are developed areas where they are but food node where most comes from is probably one of those cities, Ever-Winter or Black Lake City, doubtfull it'd be Never-Winter because that's where the stone comes from. (With it being the furthest south probably the Bronze as well pretty soon).

And I checked, didn't see anything like that though I'm sure I missed it but would rather wait for a moderator to clearly specify on the matter before assuming one way or the other. In my mind Avians who had 100 something pop and had a food node could support that population + Growth while the Elves could support the 25K + growth. Combined they support 125K (+some extra) + growth meaning that although you have two food nodes and reap the EP of two population wise you effectively, once again in my mind, have one food node. Although you made attempts to increase the production of the Elves food I highly doubt it could be done within one mod mark.

Election in Dwarves taking two mod marks as well as finding the out about dwarven ambassador missing took two but I extended it to three before RPing it out. How then would such an undertaking as increasing the food output of a food node resource take one mod mark? You population growth is like what 700 which the avian node can handle and the Elves node was used to handling the 1,000 something of the 25K elves normally so yea you probably do have a surplus but I can't fathom how in one mod mark it'd jump from a small surplus, that nations would generally like to keep in case of emergencies, to large enough to trade away so quickly. In like 2/3 yea because time doesn't flow in game similar to out of game. But one personally I don't see how.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:33 am

I don't know. Let's see what Theo says.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 2:12 pm

Ezria isn't trading any food away. If he loses Agrina his people will start to starve. There's also a real simple way that Ever-Winter could starve Ezria too but I won't tell. Real simple.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 3:02 pm

Then i'm editing my battle post, because what you say and Caexi say conflict with eachother badly. Logically what you are saying makes no sense..Ezria has doubled in size pracitcally. It should have more fertile land than ever before. I mean I seized the Mabiyan plains and then I took lands along the coast. All of which usually means rich farmlands, thereby ending my dependance on Agrina.. Anyway, I'll make adjustments sometime tonight or tomorrow morning, so please don't do a mod mark Theo. I'll PM you Jaymes when it's up so you can fix anything that you want to.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 7:30 pm

Edit's have been made..all I pretty much changed was that the farmers are starting to plant.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:43 pm

Talis, I'm going to establish the Grand Campaign set-up if you don't mind, but I'll let Caexi mod it. I just want it set up if you don't mind.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:44 pm

Go ahead, but I want a chance to enact my precautions before we rush into a battle. We're talking about weeks of transit time, bureaucracy and preparation here.

Edit* Oh, and reply in the negotiations thread if you would.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 10:49 pm

Suresure. Give me some effects for Professional Army please.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 29, 2011 11:21 pm

It's hard to figure it out. Making troops Veteran seemed good, but it causes that stacking conflict. I know I'd make the other benefits something like this:
- Military Units have twice the recruitment and maintenance costs
- Can no longer recruit warriors

and the last one would be some kind of bonus for the troops.

Oh, by the way, I have four transports, not 3. (3 to colonize Lashid, plus one more build to colonize the lumber camp).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 14 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 14 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 25 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: