Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36
AuthorMessage
Ezria

General Discussion - Page 36 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:34 am

I'm game and i'll accept. It might be good that we got a fresh start since we've been inactive really for about three weeks but I'd like to hear everyone's opinions. I'd really like to continue with Warring Fronts, i've done my best to get up D2D's and handle population growth but..I think a breath of fresh air will do a lot of people good.

EDIT: Also, what do you think about making populations larger than the hundred thousand ranges? I'd really like to see Kingdom populations in the millions that way we could actually factor in casualties from battles into population growth.
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:43 am

It's possible, doable.

When you get into the population of millions however, battles become less tactical and more strategical.

The Battle of Agrina would be armies of 60,000 - 100,000 engaging each other rather than 4,000 - 8,000.

The new map certainly gives a much larger feel.

If everyone is in agreement, I would make the swap.
Back to top Go down
Merenaz

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:44 am

I'm alright with the whole restarting thingy but I absolutely and definitely agree with Ezria's proposal to raise the population limit, it just seems more logical that way I guess

Edit: oh and I hope you guys won't mind me recycling my post as well, currently I'm in a bit of writer's block atm and this will likely lasts for a couple of weeks

Last edited by Merenaz on Thu May 05, 2011 9:46 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:45 am

Yeah but then you could throw in something like natural disasters or a plague to kill off a portion of the population without destroying the nation. It would give more flow to the story I think. And think about it these kingdom's that are so massive only have 100 thousand plus people? Doesn't make sense, it's something we'll have to work on for sure.

Also, if i scrapped Ezria could I take over some constructs that I built to my new nation? Or would I be starting fresh?
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:50 am

Maybe instead of a week by week population growth a pop growth once every two weeks would be better? And purhaps instead of saying we start mining resources, the resources we find automatically get included into our applications that way we can focus more on the RPing aspect of D2D's and not get distracted like we were in our D2D's with sending miners and what not this way we have to focus on our people more?

Also will pre-exisiting kingdoms be auto set on the map or can we choose where we go? (be kinda hard to choose though I suspect because you'd have to take into account other ppls nations that you meet yea?)

You gonna be keeping your nation Ezria or trying something different, not sure what I would do myself. Though if you restart your kingdom I'd likely restart mine to be nice a fair most likely plus our nations kinda intermingle I'd think, maybe this time we can be friends lol. Think we'd have to start from the get go though maybe a reward possibly for starting from scratch possibly to help get those who do choose to re-start get up to speed with the others maybe?

That whole history with the wizard Varinus seems interesting. Is magic gonna come into play in 3.0 again or no?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:52 am

I'm almost certainly restarting. I've been unsatisfied with Ezria for awhile, I want to try something new.
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 9:53 am

1.) Okay, population's will be raised. Maximum of 100,000,000 (100 million) it shall be.

2.) Yes you can choose where you want your kingdom if you DON'T restart.

3.) Yes, magic will be present.

I'll post the new map here soon.

Ezria, I'll PM you the new website.

Your first job is to find a cool background for it!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:23 am

Seeing as this 3.0 will have a preset history will nations start off with more resources seeing as they're considered game wise already exisiting ones? Seeing everyone still would get foodstuff have the player choose one resource and then whatever else they get is random dice rolls but have like underground/landlocked/coastal/island nations unable to get certain resources. Underground nations can't have like Horses/Aquaculture + some (down to 10 so underground nations have a 1D10), Landlocked can't have Aquaculture + some (down to 12 so it's a 1D12 you roll for landlocked), coastal unable to get Mithril + some (down to 1D12 as well though resources that they can't have differ from Landlocked), and Island Nations maybe restricted to 10 as well (1D10 but different reources then the underground nations are restricted for them).

This way expansion is one of the only real ways to get new resources maybe because it's unexplored land that hasn't been 'stripped' of resources from the war a century ago?
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:45 pm

http://warringfront.proboards.com/index.cgi

Check it out!

Apply! Apply! Apply!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 2:12 pm

Anyone who's interested in a shared history on the new forum, lemme know.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 4:50 pm

Ezria are you Cody on the site? Checking it out now looks good, specially like the map Smile
Back to top Go down
Theo

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 5:37 pm

Everybody who sees this.

Go here.

www.warringfront.proboards.com

This is the new site for Warring Fronts!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 6:32 pm

Yeah, Cody = Ezria. lmao.
Back to top Go down
Zhufor

Zhufor

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 10:26 pm

Ahm, Theo, do we have to remake our application? o,o
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitimeThu Jul 07, 2011 4:34 pm

So, rumor is theo that your back. True or not?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 36 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 36 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: