Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Talis
Admin

General Discussion - Page 19 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:10 pm

There you go Ejrahk: your first modmark. Have fun with it!
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Badass modmark dude, thanks a ton! Thanks to all mods for putting all this work in, you guys put in a ton of manhours for zero pay just to make a fun forum for us to rampage on.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:18 pm

Indeed. I'm just curious how you'll take the giant man-eating cougher.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:02 pm

I'm quite excited, actually. LOL Anytime a man eating cougar comes and eats someone, it's kinda hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:04 pm

Ejrahk is easily my favorite kingdom. Not many people can play tribespeople, and you do it well man. And you're active and you're D2D posts are excellent. You're gonna go far! Too bad your Hero is a coward! :[

I used random.org. Blahblah.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:29 pm

Hah! Incompetent works perfect for this guy. He's the guildmaster of a financial guild, so I wouldn't expect him to have ever picked up a sword in his life. I imagine people go out of their way to keep him from going on the battlefield.

Oh, isn't the 20% loss for gambling a bit much? If someone gambled 20% of a state's funds they'd probably be hanged for treason, hero or no. I imagine a smaller number like 5% would be better.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:35 pm

Sounds good.

Any Traits, good or bad come up. Let me know and I'll add them! I'll change the 20% to 5%.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 9:52 pm

Here's one for the magic branch:

Mana Well - A mana well is a potent source of magic, often a special location or a mystical object, which exudes huge bounties of mana. Such wells are extremely rare, and often require very specialized rituals to extract and use their power without killing those involved or causing some form of disaster. However, when used correctly a mana well allows a kingdom's mages to fuel enormously powerful versions of otherwise mundane spells.

Two ways the trait could work:

Option 1: Player can cast region-scale versions of available spells. These spells cost the same price in Economic Points as the spell normally costs in mana, times ten.

So for example, you can use a Mana Well to cast Tidal Wave and hit an entire city or small section of coastline. Since Tidal Wave usually costs 2 Mana, it would require 20 EP to use the region-scale tidal wave.

Option 2: Player can cast region-scale versions of available spells. These spells require seven times the normal price in mana.

In this case, if a player wanted to cast Bane over a whole army, it would require him to have seven companies of mages available.

Whatever the option, the following caveats would be these:

- spells cast with Mana Well affect a 250 km area
- Spells cast with Mana Well must be cast in Day to Day posts, and may only be cast once for every modmark.

----------------

So yeah, basically its a trait that lets you cast massive area-of-effect versions of a spell, but also has very high costs associated. Personally I would use the second option. Its cost is primarily in that it requires you to maintain somewhere between seven and twelve mage companies, and keep them together, in order to utilize the ability. If you use that version the whole thing would look like this:

Mana Well - A mana well is a potent source of magic, often a special location or a mystical object, which exudes huge bounties of mana. Such wells are extremely rare, and often require very specialized rituals to extract and use their power without killing those involved or causing some form of disaster. However, when used correctly a mana well allows a kingdom's mages to fuel enormously powerful versions of otherwise mundane spells.
- Player can cast region-scale versions of available spells. These spells require seven times the normal price in mana.
* spells cast with Mana Well affect a 250 km area
* Spells cast with Mana Well must be cast in Day to Day posts, and may only be cast once for every modmark.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 10:01 pm

Iffy. Keep'em comin' though!
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 11:17 pm

Mille Sessau wrote:
Ejrahk is easily my favorite kingdom. Not many people can play tribespeople, and you do it well man. And you're active and you're D2D posts are excellent. You're gonna go far! Too bad your Hero is a coward! :[

I used random.org. Blahblah.

Thanks dude Smile

And I know ROFL. It's gonna be hilarious. In a terrible sort of way.

I'm still cracking up that Ezria's leader is ignorant. Increased chance of random death. Best negative trait ever, imo. Now I'm waiting for him to be struck by lightning or stick his fork in a toaster xD

My idea for traits is not really a trait, persay. It's the concept that, if you meet the requirements and play it out in DnD posts that you can change 1 of your trait trees. It would come with a heavy penalty, like giving up glory completely sacrifices your military points or units to do so etc. My thought behind it is kingdoms change over time, and shift focuses. As shit happens governments can change, and to me that means a military nation could attempt to refocus into one based off of an economy, vice versa. I can see why we wouldn't want to do this, but it could give an way for players who pick trees, regret it, and find them driving their nation into the ground a way to try something different.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:47 am

So I feel kinda retarded...I misheard my recruiter on the stupid phone some dude did drop out but I ain't leaving asap...it's not for a while. Anyways still feel retarded I'll get my posts up sorry about the confusion.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:53 am

Oh well, good thing nothing got changed officially last night. Welcome back.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:59 am

Yea I still feel retarded for misunderstand him on the st-pid phone.

EDIT: For those heros, what if you have a republic and your leader changes like mine just did? Does your starting leader simply remain a hero even if he loses the election like mine just did?

EDIT 2: I'll PM you the new units Theo, The World, Mille Sessau, Graal Dominion, ect tomorrow or later tonight.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:12 am

Yes Jaymes, it's all good. He's still a "Hero" even though not the official leader any more. By the way, new Cultural Activity is " Change Policy Tree " for 20 CP, two time use only.

Jaymes you need to ModMark the Sessauan-Shidran War ASAP by the way.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 5:10 pm

Alright I am back. Really need to get into the swing of things again since the passing of my father. PM me if you need something, I will be going through my mod mark responsibilities.

Edit: Was just looking at the kingdom ratings for the military and boy will that change once people start loosing their iron troops. lol
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:32 am

Gonna mod mark the battle again though seeing as Ezria is begining to pursue the Dark Wave with two ships do I start a different threat like you did for my and Ezria in our wars?

Also I don't think the military ratings would change a whole lot unless we get a cap on what we can create and employ per week regarding military units. Cuz right now if ppl don't have iron or horses they can still get spearmen, skirmishers, and warriors. Not as good I suspect as swordsmen, cav, and iron spearmen/skirmishers but number wise for companies employed probably still gonna have decent number of troops.

Wondering do populations get PO'd and unhappy if you have a high % of your troops in the military? (and you don't have a Despotism, Orcs/Humans with their 2 MP per 1000 ppl which would be a clear statement your nation is a more war orentated nation) Like I got just over 10% of my population in my military now with new units I think while others have a higher % because they have equal or just a little bit less number of companies but a smaller population then the republic

EDIT: Love it, check out my hero basically when he's in command of an army nothing changes moral wise LOL halarius and can RP it cuz half the military dislikes him half like him lol it;'s perfect! Love that random weakness right there. Drunkard would have worked as well but think this one is better.

Oh and Mille Sessau Ezria and I need a mod mark on our battle as well. I'll wait till I get confirmation from you about that whole new thread for the Dark Wave and Ezria pursuit.

EDIT 2: Grand New Act, what is it exactly like could you provide some examples? Passing of new laws. Building something new like like a cultureal monument and then that could also be purchased and be declared a grand new act? Gonna be getting that or traveling great thinking and don't quite know what it is...
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:10 am

Grand New Act is like art ; a book, play, et cetera.

Also, if the Bireme and Trireme catch the Dark Wave in your eyes Jaymes, than yes you start a battle. For three ships it'd probably just be a Skirmish and give it a name, y'anno.

I'll ModMark the war in a second.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:30 am

So Theo, its up to you to start negotiations. My next day to day post will have the legion do a systemaic search past their western border, but they will have the envoy with a small guard out front of the legion with a white banner. Just to let you know if you want to preempt the D2D
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:33 am

No it's up to you. You're in my territory!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:43 am

Ok. And darn I was banking that the Ezria forces withdrew every night into their city, does this mean peasentry is also still outside the walls as well?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:45 am

No. Ezria called everybody into the city, but he sent out 500 Light Cavalry in the post right before yours.

So now, he's stuck in the city, you repelled his Light Cavalry and he's either gotta open the gates to come out and fight you or let them get bashed in and than fight you anyway.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:50 am

Excellent either way. I'm gonna PM you my strat cuz I'm not sitting on my hands, it's been a plan from the beginning!! (Though that lose was a monkey wrench for sure)
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:02 am

Well I guess I will choose Discipline for swordsmen...I have changed my mind from the heavy cavalry
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:07 am

Yea same here for me for my swordsmen it's Discipline.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:26 am

Sweet! A new player! Maybe I can actually make some kind of trade agreement before he tries to pick a fight with me too.

That seems to be my misfortune. Every single time I try to negotiate with someone they end up attacking me for some reason. It's getting kind of annoying.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 19 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 19 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 27 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: