Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Questions / Suggestions

Go down 
+7
Zhufor
Bynaar
Rambo'neil
Ezria
Talis
Jaymes
Mille Sessau
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next
AuthorMessage
Caexi
Admin

Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:04 pm

So from looking over the new trait system it looks like we all will be having to reformate our kingdom's traits. There are a few things though is how is this new trait system going to work and shouldn't governments be still a seperate item to pick?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 8:42 pm

I might make Government a seperate tree, but I like it how it stands right now.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSat Mar 26, 2011 9:09 pm

The reason I was suggesting governments be in their own category is because the government of a nation can apply to many different types of categories. That and the fact of being a little selfish of not wanting to completely have to change my kingdom around.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 12:22 am

Yeah, this is really going to mess up Shidrus. Right now I have three of the four things that are in the Mercantile Branch, and I can't really imagine Shidrus without its merchant guilds or colonialist tendencies. It's going to be hard to find a way to fit these with the character of my nation.

That's assume the rules are as strict as they are currently, of course. I don't know if Theo is planning on changing the rule structure along with the trait system, guess we'll have to wait and see.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 6:46 am

Yeah, agreed. Please make governement their own tree. It's annoying that i'm going to have to change the whole character of my country after I pumped all this work in. This way at least I can keep the foundation.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:38 am

But in the same token you shouldn't be able to be a Despot type government and have the Freedom and Thought policy trees.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:39 am

Then bar conflicting government types from selecting certain trees.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 8:41 am

I feel like the tree is flawed if I have to make certain obstacles like " X can't have Y and Z can't have W. " But since most people support it, I'll make a separate government tree.

I still need trait ideas for TYRANNY and THOUGHT however. GO GO GO!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 9:21 am

Hmmm. I think I have one for Tyranny. Or maybe at least the basis for one that you could tinker with.

Proscriptions:
Whether legitimate enemies of the state or it may just be that these men are wealthy, certain leading elements of society are targeted for state sanctioned murder. In addition, lands are seized as are all personal finances of those affected in cities across the country.

6 EP are raised immediately
Increases chance of sudden government change
-4 Happiness in affected cities
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:47 pm

I like it, Ezria! Need some more for Tyranny, Thought and Zeal!
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 10:59 pm

Thought:

Juuchi: (Yes, I stole this from North Korea)

'' Self Reliance '' this school of thought has lead the country to rely strictly on itself to survive and prosper. These people have developed a strong culture and a belief in the superiority of their nation. However, as a result it's people have become xenophobic and close minded to the outside world. Economic and trading links are difficult to establish, and has lead to isolation.

+3 culture boost
+2 happiness boost in cities
Trade agreements only generate 50 percent of it's worth
Increased chance of military coup by radical factions in the military

Tyranny:
Purge:
Whether this leader has become insanely paranoid or their is a true threat from the military, this ruler has ordered a massive purge to be undertaken. General's are executed on trumped up charges, and more loyal but perhaps less able followers are placed in charge.

Decreases chance of sudden government change / military coup

Due to the fact that the army has lost experienced elements of it's office corp, this army has decreased fighting prowess / increases chance of military mistakes and logistics issues.

Despite the fact that new officers might be inept, they are also more afraid of the current ruler than the enemy, army officers will never disobey orders and will only rout under extreme circumstances.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 27, 2011 11:04 pm

Self-Reliance is too modern and impossible. Self-sufficiency and complete autonomy are impossible.

Purge is a single ability, not a trait. Keep trying.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:11 am

Could territories have a trait that regarding the Expantion of their nations? Something that enables them to expand a greater distance for the same cost or something that allows them to readily find resources in recently expanded areas?

How is purge a single ability by the way cuz was gonna suggest something similar for tyranny but resembles purge a whole heck of a lot by was directed at like political figure heads instead of the military because tyranny is a required trait class for Despotism and I thought hey not all former leaders or political figures would have been caught and killed just the majority while others might remain as advisors or figure heads to smooth out realations with the people so people would latch onto old politicians from old goverment throwing wrenches into Dictators plans ect not very coherent thoughts.

Basically Tyranny, Despotism, Former Political Leaders who survived dictators overthrow and rise to power something with that maybe.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:17 am

Expansionist Ideology it is.

I still don't like purge. Keep the ideas comin'!

I need:

ONE TRAIT IDEA FOR CUSTOMS
ONE TRAIT IDEA FOR TYRANNY

KGO!
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:36 am

For Customs how about something like Traddition or Family Honor

Example 1: My dwarves if they hadn't responded to the Avian's when they meet again by sending force or at the very least diplomates under heavy gaurd bad junk would have happened but seeing as they did good stuff happens.

Example 2: Likewise with the Orcs of Caexi's nation. Had their leader of that scouting party denied to pillage those orcs would have say killed him done it anyway and reported back that he had been a coward cowed by pinkskins dishonoring his family/clan

Something like that?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:39 am

I don't really understand.
Back to top Go down
Jaymes

Jaymes

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 11:51 am

Based on the actions a nation takes depends on weather the people like or dislike. If I were to meet another Avian nation my opinion from meeting Ezria would transfer to this new nation and my people expect me to act accordingly but I send a diplomat out instead so it's a negative effect on my ppl because of past decisions and past history with Avians in general.

Same thing with Caexi regarding Orcs. They pillaged that small village in the furture similar acts would need to be done to win approval of the population but should he change his way and sends a diplomate first before pillaging then disapproval.

Likewise with Talis halflings who seem for the most part peacefull. They immediately open war with a nation they just met instead of talking with first or attempting to then their people dislike it when word gets back but if they continue their pattern of talking with negotiations and such then they're people are happy.

Explained it better?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:37 pm

What exactly is Everwinter building this fortress out of at the top of Deathtrap Pass? There's no wood up there, and no stone..and shouldn't it be costing him EP to do that?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:50 pm

He has the stone resource. He purchased the Fortress.

Just like you have the stone resource and you purchased Stone Walls.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 3:52 pm

Oh, ok my bad. I didn't see he had purchased the fortress.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 5:59 pm

Well I haven't been discussing or coming up with new trait system cause frankly my mind just doesn't work that way and my opinion anyways is the previous system was just find the way it was. I do like the unit changes since it makes it a bit more realistic, though I still think everyone should be at Bronze Age not Stone. But anyways I have a question about the new trait system.

Question: With the new trait system, are you still planning on having it where people must pick between two categories and then a trait within the category? Or is it going to be like the current system where you get to choose a trait from each category?
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:03 pm

I hope you'll be able to pick one from each tree...or a select number of trees. Thing's just seem too complex to be honest and don't allow for flexibility or customization. It's pick these two options and reformat your country. I agree, I thought there should be limited reform..like with the resources..but maybe we should take a step back and just look at things. You don't need to rip apart the whole system in order to make it good.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:10 pm

You pick two trees, than pick two traits from each tree. Simple.

It's MORE flexibility. I don't really understand where you're getting LESS from since you're choosing to specialize your country even moreso than before where you HAD to choose Trait X Y or Z. Now if you don't want X, Y or Z you can go with A B and C.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:37 pm

If I reformatted Ezria as a Confederacy between Avians and Elves, could I still keep my King in place? Obviously without the benefits of monarchy..but I don't wanna change too much.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 28, 2011 6:46 pm

Yeah that would work. However, the "Empire of Ezria" would be more apt, as the difference is that an Emperor reigns over multiple people like Emperor Franz Ferdinand of Austria-Hungary, or Emperor Frederick the Great who ruled over the Aachans, the Munes and the Bavarians of Germany.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Questions / Suggestions   Questions / Suggestions - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Questions / Suggestions
Page 7 of 15Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 11 ... 15  Next