Warring Fronts RPG Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Warring Fronts RPG Forum

Warring Fronts is a medieval fantasy nation RPG forum.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

General Discussion

Go down 
+12
Aspen
Merenaz
Caexi
Zhufor
Rambo'neil
Bynaar
Thor
Ezria
Jaymes
Talis
Sage of Mirrors
Mille Sessau
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next
AuthorMessage
Ezria

General Discussion - Page 29 Empty
PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:39 pm

lol..i don't even know what to say to that mod mark theo. -smh- It basically denies all logic..and it ignored what i did in my last battle post so..yeah. He can hear the call for reinforcements several miles away but my men can't hear the call to fall back over a gate?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:44 pm

Grinding against Elite status Swordsmen is no good.

Attempting to order troops out of sight of your commander is no good.

Swordsmen (Elite) will beat Warriors (Elite) every time.

Cavalry in prolonged melee are no good.
Back to top Go down
http://warringfronts.forumotion.com
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:45 pm

Eh, it basically means swordsmen are a super unit when outnumbered what like 4 to one? You ignored my post to recapture the gate which would've denied the reinforcements..it's stupid but okay.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:47 pm

You can't recapture the gate. There are over 1,000 Dwarfs entering the gate.

Sure, if 50 Avian swordsmen can somehow wade through the entire Dwarven Legion and close the gate, get on it.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:48 pm

The gatehouse not the gate. The gatehouse controls the gate and they were out of the way of the gate and in the courtyard.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:51 pm

What I derived is you told Ulrich and 50 soldiers to get to the gate and close it. It's not a metal gate that goes up and down. It's a swinging stone gate, like a door. The only way to close it is to push it closed and bar it.

I understand your apprehension, but the Dwarven infantry won the day due to the meat grinder like effect of standing in the gate/courtyard.

However, he has 700 troops now. You have over 2,500 soldiers, 8 catapults, and 3,000 cavalry one turn away. You physically cannot lose the next battle, and Republican reinforcements are at least 4 ModMarks away.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:52 pm

Anyway, how long before i'm able to counterattack? My reinforcements should be there along with Ejrakh.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:53 pm

Read the Grand Campaign. You're good to go, brosef.

Don't be mad. It's good RP, you guys have both done excellent.

Just remember, you're Hulagu.

Or now, you're .. someone else.

You can't just control the units, they have to be ordered.

Troops will make mistakes or act on their own when out of range of the general.
Back to top Go down
Ejrahk

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:55 pm

Where, how, and when can I post that I'm there and am going to slap a bitch?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:56 pm

Next ModMark the Ejrahk arrive. Although in Agrina they'll do no good. They'll be the best on the Agrinan Plains, but in Death Trap Pass and Agrina they're next to useless.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Doesn't matter. They can keep the Dwarven reinforcements off my ass while the main army retakes the city. -shrug- Also, I assume skirmishers have the same ability to fly as my warriors? Since they share the same mobility.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:02 pm

Hmm. Yes. Skirmishers may use flight as well.
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Yeah, talk about a Pyrrhic victory for the dwarves. They won, but they really didn't gain anything except annihilating one of the Ezrian armies, and even that at the cost of one of their own. Unless Everwinter has a plan to put Agrina to use real fast things are going to get troublesome.

Also: Finally finished the battle posts for the Settler's War. I wonder how long those spearmen will last.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:07 pm

Also, I assume the Dwarve's are going to be exhausted and such in the city?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:10 pm

Haha yes. Even if you give them a whole day (ModMark), they'll still be exhausted. If they flee to Death Trap they'd probably be run down. They also have prisoners of war which means they can't exactly just put them in a prison and leave them, as they're no prisons big enough.

Ever-Winter won, but only in the sense of a strategic victory. They just cleared out the tomb that they entered y'anno!

By the way Talis, your post in the Sessauan-Shidran War!
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:16 pm

Well I guess not having the trait system done [Kingdom Civic] and my own choices won't affected battle posts to much, even though Theo now has an advantage of fight more efficently although humans are naturally weaker than elves. -wink-
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:17 pm

Yes, Talis do be mindful of the Strength of Men racial trait please.
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:22 pm

I do have a question regarding mithril theo and because of all the changes to the forum I haven't really thought of it till now.

What are the tangible effects to mithril using soldiers? Or is the only effect being that its stronger than iron?

The reason why I ask this is, don't quote me on this, but mithril soldiers had a change of status and it also generate some EP.

Edit: Also Talis could you hop on AIM, I do have some questions about the battle that would just be faster to ask I think.
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:25 pm

It's like this.

If I had 300 Swordsmen (Mithril) and you had 300 Swordsmen (Veteran > Discipline), it's like the flip of a coin who wins.

I'm driving a Honda with 25 years of experience. You're driving a Ferrari with 1 week of experience. It's like accidental power. If my spearmen were all advanced and 6 days of the week would whoop up on your Elves, not saying that they are, but your soldiers weapons and armor would even the field by presence a lone.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:31 pm

Question would my new attack be a continuation of the Second Battle for Agrina or would it start the Third Battle for Agrina?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:33 pm

The third. Hahahaha.
Back to top Go down
Ezria

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:33 pm

and hopefully last. x_x
Back to top Go down
Caexi
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:56 pm

So I have a question about the resources now that they are in an easier to read chart.

How come not all the resources generate EP?

Wasn't mithril changed to 20 military companies like iron?
Back to top Go down
Mille Sessau
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:00 pm

Yes, that's what Mithril does.

Not all resources generate economic points because .. because!

Largest Religions in the Known World
1. Chalava ( Ejrahkian Monotheism / Major Religion ; 74,900 followers )
2. Aremian Monotheism ( Merennian Monotheism / Major Religion ; 67,200 followers )
3. Van Sessau ( Sessauan Monotheism / Minor Religion ; 24,150 followers )

Look! Be amazed! Post in the battle, Caexi~
Back to top Go down
Talis
Admin

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 8:01 pm

Yeah, so my Triremes got downgraded just in time for the big battle. They're still Elite thankfully, but now humans also get another bonus to fighting my halflings while I get another crimp on my warmaking abilities. I'm still going to send that fleet to the bottom of the seas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: General Discussion   General Discussion - Page 29 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

General Discussion
Page 29 of 36Go to page : Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 32 ... 36  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Warring Fronts RPG Forum :: General :: General Discussion-
Jump to: